Thursday, January 29, 2009
Ok, this is an odd one, and my friends at Oracle are working on it, but we have no resolution yet. We have an AquaLogic Service Bus domain that consists of an Admin Server on HostA and a Managed Server on HostB. To start and stop the Admin Server, we use the provided shell scripts (RH Linux 4.0 ES) (startWebLogic.sh, stopWebLogic.sh) This has all been working fine for months.... Then, all of a sudden, when we try to stop the Admin weblogic server running the stopWebLogic.sh script and receive the following output: Stopping Weblogic Server... Problem invoking WLST - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: getWLSTOptions Done What happened? I'm not sure yet, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'm all EARs ;)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
One of the things that has annoyed me about WLST is the seemingly missing method of being able to invoke a WLST script without having a plain text userid and password either in the script or in a properties file. I came across a great post on the Oracle Blogs today by Bola Kothandaraman that describes how you can have a WLST script without having a plan text username and password to your admin Server. It's similar to the boot.properties file, but there are some nuances of this method that are described pretty well in this post (at least I think they are... see my current script issue below): http://blogs.oracle.com/bala/2008/09/encrypt_the_credentials_when_r.html UPDATE: I originally had posted that I was having issues with this method, but I found my problem, and it was a super dumb mistake on my part which I fixed and tested this morning. The method described above is working like a charm and I'm happy to understand how to use WLST without a plain text username and password now.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I recently came into a scenario where I wanted to delete all the tables in my MySQL 5.x database, but didn't want to have to drop and recreate the database (because I didn't have access to do this and was too impatient to wait for the help...) and I didn't want to have to manually enter in 50+ tables each time I needed to clean up. I finally figured out a decent solution... I grep the output from the mysqldump command, looking for only the lines that begin with the word DROP (i.e. Drop table such-and-such) and pipe those lines back into mysql. The result is something like the following, where you fill in the username, password and database with your own information... mysqldump -u [USERNAME] --password=[PASSWORD] [DATABASE] grep ^DROP mysql -u [USERNAME] --password=[PASSWORD] [DATABASE]